Purchase Austrian Boat License

Types of Boat License

Depending on the type of boat they plan to operate and the jurisdiction in which they plan to operate it, people can earn a variety of boating licenses or certifications. Here are a few instances:

1. Personal Watercraft License (PWC): In order to operate jet skis or other comparable personal watercraft, this license is needed.

2. An operator’s license is a fundamental license that enables individuals to operate small recreational boats or yachts, typically with greater horsepower or length.

3. Driver’s license (CDL): People who operate boats or other watercraft for business uses, such fishing or boating, must possess this license.

4. Boat Support: Various forms of boat support are provided by some authorities. Typically, this assistance includes expertise and abilities unique to sailing. 5. Inland or Coastal Water Permits: Operating in inland waterways (lakes, rivers, etc.) and coastal waters (seas, harbors, etc.) may require a different license depending on the region.


Types of certificates of qualification

  • cruising range 1 – coastal navigation up to 3 nautical miles (craft: max 10 meters in lenght)
  • cruising range 2 – coastal navigation  up to 20 nautical miles
  • cruising range 3 – coastal navigation  up to 200 nautical miles
  • cruising range 4 – valid for worldwide navigation